Two weeks ago we celebrated Jackson's 8th Birthday. WOW! I know it's so cliche to say, but I really can not believe how quickly he has grown. He has such a wonderful personality. He is so sensitive and such a big helper. He is creative and sure enjoys being the center of attention.
He wanted to have a little party so he invited five friends and we went to the movie "The Lightning Thief". It was PG, but I feel horrible becuase I thought it could have easily been PG13. All the kids liked it but I had some explaining to the parents just in case the kids had nightmares that night.
Yesterday, Jackson was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He was so excited to get baptized and I can tell he is already trying his hardest to be a good kid and make righteous decisions. 
He had so much support from wonderful family and friends. His current and old primary teachers showed up as well as the primary presidency, many friends who traveled from out of town, and both sets of grandparents were there and that made it extra special because that was the first time that has happened for a significant event in our family. Grandpa Hickok spoke on baptism and Grandpa Cole spoke on Confirmation. Both did a great job and Jackson even got a special compass to remind him that is how the Holy Ghost works in our lives. It was a wonderful day.
Here he is with his favorite b-day present: A Nintendo DSi.

4 comments:
Happy birthday and a big congratulations to Jackson!!
I can't believe he is 8 either! Congrats on the baptism. Sounds like it went really well. Sorry we missed it.
We are so glad we could be there to celebrate his special day, thanks for inviting us.
Oh, so that's why Vincent has been crying multiple times a night...
haha, just kidding. You're fine! Yay! Jackson for making the decision to be baptized (yay Frank for having the chutzpah to wear that 70's jumpsuit and pulling it off).
Post a Comment