I always envision conference weekend to be this wonderful, peaceful weekend full of wonderful traditional foods that I would make every conference weekend. For example, maybe my kids will remember the special orange, cream cheese rolls that I make for breakfast every conference weekend or a special soup for dinner. But this never happens. My kids aren't peaceful. I find myself getting irritated because they won't even sit down and listen and take notes for 2 speakers a session.
During the priesthood session I also envision a fun-filled girls night with my mom and sisters- full of crafts and laughing and good things to eat. Yeah right! There are lots of kids running around when we all get together and if those kids are nice enough not to argue with each other they always need something. So we do spend the night having fun with the kids just not getting any crafty things done.
Ah-hah! That is until this year. My mom and soon-to-be SIL went out and bought all the supplies early for a cute and easy Halloween decoration. And believe it or not I finished mine before Priesthood was over. It felt good to start and finish a craft in one sitting. Thank goodness for their kindness to arrange it and thank goodness for a movie that entertained all 7 kids.
Behold....
...my Halloween wreath. It makes me want to do one for every season- just with different candies.

4 comments:
Cute! Can you post a tutorial?? If it makes you feel better, I find conference to be anything BUT peaceful!
That is so adorable! I love starting and finishing a craft in one sitting.
Yours turned out so cute! Mine got eaten one day later.
:)
So cute!
Post a Comment