When Frank was on his mission he had a super-happy, Philipino companion who would wake-up every morning during December singing, "It's Christmas Time, It's Christmas Time, the world is alive..."
How can you not be in the Christmas mood when being serenaded to every morning? I love this time of year and I want my family to always remember the fun things we do to make it extra special. But I always feel like we are missing events.
There are a few traditional things we do which include:
Ward Christmas party, extended Barlow Christmas party, making some sort of Gingerbread (graham cracker) house, sledding, watching Christmas movies, reading lots of Christmas books, eating lots of treats and traditional holiday foods, driving around to see lights (Temple Square isn't necessarily our favorite spot but we still tend to do it every year, but maybe not this one, we'll see), and going to see the new Blockbusters that come out around the holidays (which have always included Harry Potter the last 7 years).
I still feel like we don't do too many festive activities.
What do you all like to do? Your ideas can be things you want to do or things you actually do.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
It's Christmas Time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
festival of trees is always good. We love driving around checking out everyone's lights. A tradition in Darin's family that goes back as long as he can remember is having Chinese food on Christmas eve. It started with his grandma. We used to go out, but now there are so many of us we have it delivered. It just wouldn't feel like Christmas without some ham fried rice!
You list a big paragraph of things you do for Christmas and then state that you think you could do a little more. ??? You're doing great!
I asked my boys what their favorite Christmas tradition is...doorbell ditching for the treat drop offs. They like to sneak around at night.
I love the festival of trees. The only problem is it comes and goes so fast. I think we'll be missing it this year!
That nativity are ward was announcing sounded awesome too. I'm not sure about waiting that long in line though.
There's a live nativity in Alpine that we might try if Owen is well, I've heard it's beautiful! I allow myself to drink cocoa, even though it's a waste of calories the rest of the year, gingerbread houses, a Christmas Shopping date night, Temple square lights, and in years past we loved the motab Christmas Concert, but we didn't get tickets this year! We also take hot bread to neighbors.
We do a lot of the ones you mentioned. One thing we started this year was wrapping our Christmas books. Starting on Dec 1 we unwrap one each night until Christmas Eve. Another thing I wanted to do this year was a progressive dinner. We tried but failed to get one planned with Kelly's family. I am determined to get it done sometime! Oh, and we love to go to Winder Dairy for scones and hot chocolate. Santa also visits on some nights.
Post a Comment