Monday, August 27, 2012

Our last hoorah!

This whole summer I've been wanting to take the kids hiking to Sunset Peak.  It never worked out so we crammed it in the last week before school got out.
I knew Camberlyn wouldn't make it so I got a babysitter for her,  I figured Jackson and Gavin would be fine. I went with my friend Tia and her oldest, Bailee.
Well, not even a mile in Gavin started complaining of leg aches.  There were many moments he just sat down and didn't want to go any farther. It took lots of negotiating to get him up and moving again.  There were times we (Tia was so nice to help out) carried him and gave him piggy backs.  Maybe this was too big of a hike for a seven year old.





Photobucket
This is about half way up, they are pointing to our final destination.  The very tip of that peak on the left. 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
A view of all three lakes, Lake Mary, Lake Martha, and Lake Catherine.



3 comments:

Tia said...

It was a gorgeous hike. Thanks again for inviting me!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! What a fun hiking trip.

Angie said...

Looks like a fun adventure!