Saturday, July 12, 2008

ZOO Adventure

It's always an adventure going to the zoo with children, right? What I thought was going to be a couple of hours turned into a five hour ordeal (including driving time). Luckily, Grandma was there to help push an extra stroller and help me keep track of three kids. Daddy was at Youth Conference so he missed the fun.


We decided to go because it was going to be one of the cooler days of the week; the high was only 90 instead of 99.


We had a lot of fun. Gavin cracked me up the whole time. He was obsessed with squishing a piece of cotton that floated down from a tree; he kept chasing a meerkat through the glass- back and forth he went for a couple of minutes while hysterically laughing; and of course he always pointed out the droppings of each animal in the cages. Jackson had a great time too; however, he was a little sad when he realized he was the only child without a stroller (it's tough growing up). So when he fell onto the concrete and skidded up his knee and elbow pretty bad we put him in the stroller and he milked that injury for a long time, while enjoying the ride.




Gavin's favorite animal at the ZOO: Elephants and Rhino's
Jackson's favorite animal at the ZOO: Cheetah's

3 comments:

julie said...

I like the last pic of the boys. That is really cool. Going to the zoo just isn't as fun as when we were kids. Maybe it's because we are now the stressed out parents trying to keep everyone happy.

d.r. gib said...

I am glad you were able to keep busy with Frank away, silly Young Men's callings.

Jessica said...

Ok. Where have I been and why have I never seen your blog?! Your little girl is so cute!