GRASS!!! (and a sprinkler system, of course)
It's been almost three years since we moved it and we have just had weeds as tall as me for that long. Finally, this year we had a great, competent landscaping company do our sprinklers and grass and we are so impressed with the work. Our kids are so excited to be able to run and play and we are as well. Now all we need to do is the landscaping along the perimeter of the grass (that will probably be a few more years).
Here is a "before" shot. This was just after they wacked down the weeds, so you don't get a true view of what we've been dealing with.

5 comments:
Whoo Hoo! That is so exciting! All I can say is water, water, water. Especially the edges. I am so happy for you!
And be glad you don't have a dog. We put in our backyard a year ago, and the dog has worn paths in it! It's passable, though. We also need to landscape the perimeter of our backyard. It's a wasteland!
I know what it feels like to have weeds instead of grass. It is such a great feeling when you finally get the grass. Just be ready for your water bill to go up:) We weren't ready for that, but I'm not complaining. We love our yard!
Congrats on the new grass! I never realized how big your backyard was. That will be nice for the kids to have room to play back there.
It looks awesome! We will have to come play on it with you guys.
Post a Comment