Monday, September 8, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged. This one is to write 6 quirks about me. Here goes.

1. I always follow the arrows in a parking lot. It is my biggest pet peeve when people don't follow the arrows so instead of being a hypocrite I abide by this rule. Even if the parking lot is empty I will not cut through. I will continue to go up and/or down the aisles until I get where I need to go.

2. I am deathly scared of bees. (see a few posts back)

3. I am too competitive. Ask anyone in my family. I have fought for points in games, even to the point of causing family grudges and arguments. One time I got so angry playing a ward basketball game that I threw the ball at the ref. for a horrible call. I even caused an ex-girlfriend of my brother's to not play games with our family anymore because me and my sister got too competitive in one particular incident.

4. I have weird opinions about clothes that should be worn in public by my kids. It's been really hard for me to adjust to the fact that they want to pick their own clothes for school and church. This has been a battle that I've struggled with. I want them to be independent and learn to do things on their own, but I hate the fact that they want to wear "sports shorts" all the time, or just plain t-shirts and not "collared" shirts (i.e. polos, button-shirts, etc). I finally conformed all through the summer by pretty much letting them wear what they want, but in turn, I have convinced Jackson that we need to dress a little nicer for school. It's been hard, but I do get my way some days.

5. On that same note, I want Camberlyn to always wear something in her hair and she almost is always wearing a bracelet. She pretty much has a bracelet to match any outfit, but I am starting to run out of options for headbands and flowers. Her head is getting too big. But I feel she looks like a boy with nothing in her hair. Even when she was wearing all pink I still had someone comment on how cute "he" is.

6. I always need the bed straightened before I go to sleep for the night. Even if it has gone all day without being made (which rarely happens, but on occasion it has) I will make it right before going to bed. I just need it straightened to go to sleep. I need the sheets nice and flat without wrinkles. And I need the top covers perfectly square before Frank and I make it a disaster. It's weird I know. I will also make it after I take a nap.

Tagged: Anyone who wants too. :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I understand about dressing your boys - you should have seen Josh the first 3-4 years. He was a poster child and always looked perfect, then he wore me down. Now I, too, battle the athletic clothes for school and make Josh change often. Your boys always look clean and adorable - you're a great mom! That's funny about you being competitive...

julie said...

I loved reading about your quirks. I used to have to make my bed before going to bed (if it hadn't been made that day), but since I have been worn down. Now I straighten the best I can and go to sleep.

I am going to be making children bracelets and headbands, with adult jewelry too, so if you have any requests for Camberlyn, let me know! I'd be happy to custom make some for you. Just let me know.

d.r. gib said...

i share some of you same quirks! I only give Zach a couple options of clothing. He is only 3 though, so I am sure it will get harder.
I remember you playing church ball, you are very competitive, but I know I was never scared of you.
And don't feel bad, people said what a cute boy kayla was all in pink too!! If they can't tell, they shouldn't way anything.
Can't wait to see you guys next week!

Heidi said...

I am glad school is back in so I can have a little say with what my boys wear each day, but Brayden still comes home and changes right into so grubbies.

I am right there with you about the bed. Half the time it doesn't get made, but I like it nice and neat and all tucked in for me to sleep in.

I am glad I am not the only quirky one.