Today I was picking some things up in the yard and Gavin was on the patio looking at a Roly-Poly.
He said, "mom, come over here, this roly-poly is dead".
So as I walked over to look at it he then said, "actually it's not, it's actually just sleeping, not actually dead- just taking his daily nap".
I was unaware Roly-Poly's took "daily" naps and I didn't know Gavin like to talk so dignified with the word "actually".
I told this story to Frank at dinner and Gavin kept saying, "tell it again". Perhaps he just liked the way I was impersonating him. Hopefully, he has started to come out of his shell and not get so embarrassed when he's the center of attention. Hard to believe that a son of Frank and a brother to Jackson gets embarrassed so easily, but he does.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Gavin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
He is such a cute, sweet boy. I would sometimes watch his facial expressions in primary... he makes such cute little faces.It was just cute to watch as he was listening how his face would change. I could always tell he was really listening... when many of them were not! You have cute kids.
What a goof ball. I too, was unaware that they took daily naps, it must get tiring crawling around and dodging little boys who want to play with them.
What a cute story! Kids say the best things!
Post a Comment