Friday, October 3, 2008

My Time Will Come...

I have been saying this a lot lately. I am becoming more and more content with the way things are in my life by saying to myself "my time will come". Some things I have said this about:

1. Enjoying the weekend of conference to actually sit and listen to all the speakers. This seems quite impossible with three kids talking, asking questions, playing with toys (even quiet ones aren't quiet to a 4 and a 6 year old), crying, eating, and whatever else they do while I try and listen.

2. Traveling. Frank and I always wanted to do something big for our 10 year anniversary, perhaps another cruise, but really, who are we going to get to watch our children? I would still love it if we got the opportunity, but I know that when our kids get older we will get our chance to travel and see the world. Yeah!! Can't wait!! Right now we are happy to travel with our children because Frank and I love Disneyland as much as the kids do.

3. Scrapbook. I kind of explained this in a few posts back. I don't feel justified scrapbooking when the house is a mess and my kids are rotting their brains in front of the television. Yes, sometimes I do get to work on a few things, but then I have to clean up my mess immediately. Someday I will have a scrapbook room instead of a toy/junk room.

4. Go on a mission. Now I know this is an obvious one concerning timing. But I can't wait to actually study and preach the gospel. I have never been one to "know the scriptures" but I know when I'm on a mission with Frank it will be my chance to learn more about the scriptures then I ever have. Again, can't wait!!

5. Never pay a babysitter again. Now I really won't have to wait that long. Jackson is already really good with Gavin and Camberlyn, so I think when he's about 11 or 12 he will really step it up and be a great babysitter. Won't that be wonderful to not have to plan the weekend so far in advance that I need to know exactly when I'm leaving, where I'll be, and when I will be home, and competing with everyone in the ward to "reserve" the best babysitter? I'm sure when this time will come I will be so sad because Jackson will be so old, but there are a few things to look forward as the kids get older.

There are many more, but these are the few I've thought about lately.
Has anyone thought about this besides me and what will you do when your time does come??

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

I think about these things as well. Not that I want to rush my little ones, but it will be nice when

Sit through sacrament meeting
travel
no more changing diapers
sleep through the night
no babysitting needs
shop without kids running everywhere

just to name a few

The Mom said...

Yes! Your time will come! I am there and it is nice. But as the old wishes are gone, new ones come. I am just glad that Tom finally has a job that he likes, and we finally got a paycheck Wednesday!

Tia said...

You guys go on a vacation and let us watch your kids! Really! We'd love to!

Melissa said...

It gets better and better! Hang in there with conference. My boys did great this past weekend, even though they have so much 'Sunday' energy afterwards. About babysitters - I feel your pain - trades are the best. We should start trading for free ninety-nine...