On Friday I met some friends from high-school at the International Peace Gardens at 1000 S. and 900 W. I have lived in the Salt Lake area my whole life and never remember going there. My dad thought I had been when I was younger, but I don't remember. In fact, I didn't even know it existed. Our kids had fun running around, the flowers were beautiful, and we could smell the fragrance of flowers through the whole garden. The point of it, I'm assuming, is to have a little example of what gardens would look like from different countries. Along with the flowers were flags from the country as well as a few monuments. It was really quite beautiful, plus it's free!! Some countries that were displayed were: Korea, Vietnam, Finland, Italy, England, Switzerland, and Wales. I didn't get to walk around the whole thing so I'm sure there were more. Here are a few pictures, mostly of Gavin, at the Gardens.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
International Peace Garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that was so much fun, and great to catch up on what everyone is doing. We will have to go back in May when it is open again.
I had no idea there was an "International Peace Garden" in Salt Lake either! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the picture of Camberlyn smiling away in her carseat. You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment