Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pies, Tarts, Tortes, etc.

Tonight we had a recipe swap for our ward. The theme: Pies/Tarts. I think this particular swap was long anticipated and we had an amazing turn out. I think there were at least 15 people there. The recipes included (forgive me if I forget one there were a lot): 2 Apple pies, 2 Chiffon Pumpkin pies, Chocolate Marshmallow, Pumpkin Torte, Raspberry Cake Tarts, Caramel Apple pie stackables, Raspberry Pie, Chicken Pot Pie (someone was thinking out of the box), 2 Banana Cream pies, and I'm sure there were more but I can't remember.

Now you can't go to something like this and not taste everything, so I did. Now mind you they were tiny sliver amounts, but even that small amount adds up. Now I am sitting here with a stomach ache (I already consumed my daily allowance of Tums), complaining to Frank about how much I ate, losing the anticipation for Thanksgiving, and wishing it was earlier in the day so that I could go run this sluggish feeling off.

Everything was delicious and lived up to the "pie" standard. There was even a slight debate going on of whose mom made the best pie crust. It was a fun night out and I'm glad I got to go, but does anyone else who attended feel so yucky or did you just take it easy and not eat much? What can I say, it's the old adage "don't eat with your eyes, eat with your stomach" that I didn't obey.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yum - I would come home with a stomachache too. So, any new recipes to share?

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Yes, I can send them to you as soon as I get them. They were all delicious.

d.r. gib said...

I got a tummy ache just reading about all the yummy pies!! I would like the pot pie recipe. (Darin doesn't like pie)

Liz said...

Heidi, I didn't get a stomach ache, but I sure enjoyed myself. I didn't taste everything (I'm not a huge pie fan) but I loved the pumpkin cake torte thing. That was delicious. I tasted a couple other pies, but probably only a little bite of 2 or 3. I'm sorry you got a stomach ache, hopefully it was worth it!

julie said...

I would love the recipes too. What a fun night. I am sure I would've come home with a stomach ache too.