Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Good Kid Moment

Despite the fact that most of my Sundays are horrible, today was pretty good. The boys were descent before church and played really well most of the morning while I got myself and Camberlyn ready. Then church didn't go too bad- I was able to make it through 2 of the 3 meetings without loitering the hallways. During the 3rd meeting a member of the Primary Presidency saw me and told me just how well Jackson was during singing time. She said it looked like he was focusing so hard on singing and that he was sitting so still and quiet. That made me definitely smile. But tonight I was amazed- let me share. Since the kids don't have school I decided to let them stay in bed and read before turning out the lights. So it was a little before 8:00 when they chose their books and got into bed. I went downstairs and watched "Iron Chef America" with Frank and had every intention of going up around 8:30 to turn off the lights and have the kids go to sleep. Well I got into the show and at about 8:40 Jackson came down and said, "Good night Mom, Good night Dad, we're tired and we're going to bed. We already did all of our stuff." So I walked up with him to tuck him in and they had knelt down and said prayers together, read scriptures together, turned out the lights, peacefully picked out a music CD and Gavin was already tucked in bed ready to go. How sweet is that? They must have been pretty tired to voluntarily do all that without us knowing. It just made me feel so grateful to have such wonderful boys.

7 comments:

Tia said...

Aaahh. That's so sweet! Wouldn't it be so nice if they did that EVERY day?? I love moments like that! And my kids in church today were the total opposite of yours! I was a wreck.

Mindy said...

Good story. You are doing a good job with them! Now I feel guilty for posting my "bad kid" story today! :)

Kelly said...

Yay for good Sundays!

Angie said...

That is awesome! Too bad they can't do that all the time. :) What a great gift to you!

d.r. gib said...

that is awesome! How sweet. Church is pretty exhausting. maybe that will be a new trend, probably not though. Good job boys!

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

WOW what good nephews I have. I bet that was nice!! They should come stay with us again! Sometime when we are not all sick!! Heidi you always do such a good job! After having one I am wondering how you do it with 3 and still have energy!! GOOD JOB! Love ya SIS!!! Thanks for all your help with the wedding too!

The Mom said...

Wow, my boys never did that!