Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday "Action Jackson"

Today my little boy turned 7. After waking up and having his favorite breakfast of Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal we went shopping for his cake. As we were looking at all the baked goods the brownies really struck his eye so he decided on those instead. While we were at the store he asked what he was going to have for his birthday lunch, I told him to choose anything he wanted. What did he pick... Velveeta Shells and Cheese. However, when we got to the pasta aisle the shells and cheese were right next to the Sponge Bob shaped Kraft Mac & Cheese so we sat there doing Eenie Meenie Miney Mo to decide which one to buy. I'm glad he settled on the Shells and Cheese. We came home from an exciting morning getting all his fun b-day stuff and he was off playing with friends until dad came home and we went out for his b-day dinner. Where did he choose? McDonalds's. My kids must feel really deprived of McDonalds because it was a real treat for them to go and get Happy Meals. They had a great time and we even let Jackson have a little coke for his special drink because he always asks and we always say, "No". I think he felt really privileged. After we ate, the real fun began. Great Grandpa, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Keri, Uncle John, Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Jason, Uncle Tyler, and cousins: Hunter, Abby, and Addison all came over to help celebrate. It was fun to have them all there. Even though Jackson tore through all his gifts like a tornado he is grateful and excited for all of them, Thank You everyone! A little bit into the night we had some good friends from Ogden drop by as well. It was great to see them- it's been almost a year!! Needless to say, we were up way too late having fun and playing hard.


Jackson is such a great kid. He has his moments and can get quite the attitude, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. He is such a help with his younger siblings, he is sensitive and so tender hearted. I understand being the oldest is hard- it seems he has to give in more to the others and we tend to get on his case about being a good example, but we are so proud of him. I hope one day he will understand that as he was going through all the "firsts" being the oldest, we were going through them too as parents.

Here are a few pictures of Jackson through the years.

There you have it- a cute kid with a great smile!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Jackson!!!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! He is such a cute kid. I can still remember him as one of my sunbeams as a primary president - he was one of the best kids. I love the eenie meenie miney mo, that's cute. It sounds like he had a great day, those pictures are so dang cute, you and Frank haven't changed a bit!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! 7 years old! Wow, what a cute kid.

Angie said...

What a fun day! I have always thought Jackson was so adorable! Glad he had a great birthday! Did he lose his tooth yet? He was sure wiggling it on Sunday!

Kelly said...

He's such a sweet boy. So cute! My favorite Jackson memory was when he was giving a talk in Primary and all of a sudden had to go to the bathroom right in the middle of it, so he tore off running out of the room! Hilarious!

julie said...

That first picture of Jackson is so cute! He was so little. I also love the family picture of the three of you. I love Frank's smile, it reminds me of when you guys were dating. That was so long ago! Happy Birthday Jackson! I can't believe he is 7! wow.
BTW, we are coming out June 23rd - July 24th. I hope we'll be able to get together some time while we're there. It has been so long.

Mindy said...

Holy Cow! I just think of him as my little sunbeam Jackson, but that was half-of-his-life-ago! Yay for Jackson! Happy Birthday!

Potter Family said...

What a great kid!!! We love him and thinks he is lots of fun. Happy Birthday Jackson.