Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Smell Removal

How do you get the smell of smoke out from clothes, particularly a coat? Of all the times camping in the past I don't ever remember having to take drastic measures to remove the smell of camp fire. I've aired it out, washed it, "Febreezed" it, now what?

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

you should stop smoking! That would help. the only other things I could think of is to hang it outside and let it air out for a few days. (Bring it in at night of course)
Good luck!

Kelly said...

I've heard that air purifiers can get smells out sometimes, if you have one or know someone with one. My mother in law put hers in a closet with a smoky shirt and it got the smell out.

Tia said...

I would probably try to air it out some more, then wash it again with extra detergent and fabric softener?
To answer your question about training, I go on Mondays & Wednesdays while Bailee & Trinidee are at school. Katherine watches Ryker on Mondays, and Sandy on Wednesdays. Trin is in pre-school from 9:30 to 11:30, so I have a 2 hour window to get it done. It makes me get out and do it! This is the first year I've gotten babysitters. Before, I would wait until Kevin got home, and that was a disaster. It would be dinner time and I was hungry, or he had young mens, or I had something to go to, and I missed a lot of days back then. I agree with you, evenings are just too busy! Plus in the winter it gets dark so early, so I was running in the dark and cold a lot. Tuesdays and Thursdays I cross train at the gym, and the kids just go to daycare. I love it! Saturdays are the long run days, and Kev's usually home to watch the kids. So let me know when you're going to start training, and I'll watch YOUR kids!!

The Mom said...

Put one cup of baking soda along with your regular detergent in the washer when you wash the clothes. It will take any bad smell out, including the sour smell in your dishcloths (or maybe that's just mine!). LOL