*I was helping Gavin get ready for church on Sunday morning and as I was tucking in his shirt he looked at me and said, "You make my heart feel so happy." Sweet huh?
*Saturday afternoon I remembered something I had to grab really quick at the grocery store. I grabbed my items and as I was checking out I looked at Gavin and he was chewing something. What? I didn't give him anything and he didn't bring anything. I asked him what he was eating. His reply, as his hand went to cover his mouth, "nothing". Then I looked over at this bin of Cadbury Eggs- one of the eggs just happen to be unwrapped with a large enough bite taken out of it that there was just a tiny bit left and the cream was oozing all over the other unwrapped eggs. I quickly glanced back at Gavin and asked, "Did you eat that?" Again, his marvelous answer, "it was already open and had a crack in it." First of all I think he opened it and was lying to me to not get in more trouble. But even if it was, in his little mind that gave him full permission to go chomping on it? I was furious. He is four years old, why on earth would he just go eat something lying there- he doesn't pick up gum off the ground and eat it, he doesn't eat cheerios or whatever else is left at church on the floor, why would he just randomly eat that? Now I admit Cadbury eggs are delicious- but does he feel that deprived of treats at our house that it comes down to this? I am just still in awe!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
A Good and a Bad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
so funny you have to admit!!! he's so darn cute!!! sometimes...
Hilarious! I can just see how surprised and mad you were at him. Priceless. Do you think he will do it again?
Thats so funny. I like the part about making his heart happy the best. I'll bet that made your heart happy! :)
Oh my! Good stories. It's a good thing they do some good things to make us remember why we became parents! :)
I shake my head all the time wondering why kids do what they do. I guess for chocolate they will do almost anything. It is hard to stay mad for long when they cute things like that!
Sounds like something Trin would do.
Post a Comment