Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Worst Mom of the Year

Yesterday, Jackson informed me he was the only kid in the whole school that brought a fruit or vegetable in his lunch every day. "It's not fair"

This morning, I wouldn't let Jackson wear his shirt that he wore yesterday to school and I made him change his socks. Plus, I made him where a jacket. "Everyone else gets to wear what they want"

Last night, I made Gavin eat his whole plate of chow mein, which came to be four big bites. "I'm not eating this, it looks gross"

Yesterday, Gavin had to actually get dressed before calling a friend to come over and play. "Fine, I just won't do anything today"

Yesterday, I didn't put Jackson's giant chocolate bunny in his lunch for school. "It's not fair"

I guess from just the past two days I earned the "Worst Mother of the Year" award for all the horrible things I "make" my kids do.

10 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

That is hilarious...I remember thinking those things as a child.

Unknown said...

that's so funny my mom never let us take our lunch

Angie said...

You are so horrible! :) Glad you are a mom that cares, Heidi! Keep up the good work!

d.r. gib said...

To your kids you are the worst, to the rest of us you ROCK!! Way to go BEST MOM of the YEAR!

Melissa said...

You are my kind of mom!!!!

The Mom said...

Wow. What a bad mom. Come on over...I am a bad mom ALL the time! And you can tell Jackson I made my kids wear jackets today too. And yesterday! LOL

Tia said...

You're a great mom! I make Bailee take a fruit or vegetable in her lunch every day, but half the time she brings it home un-touched.
I used to let her just have the school lunch up until a few months ago. I have no idea what she did & didn't eat, so I thought I'd get a little more control over it. Now we pack a lunch every day!

julie said...

I guess I am the second worst mom, then because Katelyn keeps reminding me how mean I am because I won't let her make all of the decisions. This morning she said, "Mom, you are so mean!" So funny.

Anonymous said...

It's ok Heidi I think we are all the the worst moms in our kids eyes but in actuality we just doing our best. Emily told me last night that she hates her life because I asked her to get her jammies on.

Jen S. said...

ROFL! You are such a mean mom!! Just kidding! It's good you wrote this down so your kids can read it when they get older. Hilarious!