Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Redemption

After complaining yesterday about the kids not having the same delectable taste pallete as Frank and I, I made a dinner we have not tried for a long, long time: Chicken and Dumplings.

The last time I made them I swore I wouldn't make them ever again because there were complaints, gagging, and refusal to eat dinner; plus, there were probably tears.

Well, I decided it has been long enough and Frank and I aren't going to go without our favorites just because of the kids.

Lo and behold, they loved them. They didn't even remember tasting them before. I just said it was like a roll with gravy and chicken. They gobbled them up with a "this is delicious!" Yeah!

I had never tasted Chicken n' Dumplings before I got married and oh are they good. I think it's also an acquired taste.
The best recipe we have found is just simply the one on the Bisquick box. Yep, that is how they are made in the South- or atleast in Frank's family.

6 comments:

The Mom said...

I have had them before, but I couldn't get past the lump of dough. I don't eat raw dough, and this is what it tasted like. I am glad they ate them for you!

Kristen said...

I love chicken and dumplings but mostly I just like the dumplings! Cracker Barrell is my favorite place to go for dumplings and I love that they have them just plain in the sauce. I'll have to check out the bisquick box and try them for myself. Yum! Congratulations on being successful at dinnertime. I don't know what I would do with picky eaters. It must be so difficult!

Jessica said...

That is some great stuff! Good job on the dinner! I think we are spoiled that Easton eats whatever we eat.

Cole Family said...

Your dumplings look a lot better than the dumplings I make! Michael still eats my dumplings but I'm sure he would enjoy your's better. They look great!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

This picture is not my picture so I tried to find one online that could resemble what mine look like. I don't usually put in the veggies. I just have chicken pieces, the sauce, and the dumplings.

Alisa said...

Heidi!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. It's great to just sit here and read what you have been up to. Sounds like being a mother of three is keeping you incredibly busy!

I just had dumplings at my sisters house on Sunday. They are great! Glad your kids love 'em.