Thursday, June 25, 2009

What is Going ON?

Tonight I made Oatmeal Apple Pancakes. These are always a favorite of the kids. They are thick, hardy pancakes filled with apple pieces and oatmeal (hence the name). Anyway, the kids usually only eat one each, their sides, and their drink. However, tonight, they each had three, THREE big pancakes- plus cooked apples on the side and a glass of milk. Then about 5 minutes after dinner they were asking for a snack. Is it possible they are both going through a growth spurt at the same time, was it a competition, or is this what I have to look forward to raising boys? I am still in shock. Sorry, no leftover pancakes for breakfast.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

OK - those sound so yummy! I have to have the recipe! I think it's what you're in store for with boys. But what do I know about boys?!?!?!?!?!

Mindy said...

Wow, maybe my boys will eat them too! Do share the recipe, they sound delish!

Jessica said...

It always shocks me what Easton eats when he goes through a little growth spurt. I can never figure out where he's storing all that food!

Tia said...

I remember my brother eating SO much in our younger years when we were growing up! It might be a boy thing, who knows!? I guess it's better than them being too picky and not eating them. They sound pretty healthy, too!

The Mom said...

Ooooh, be sure and make a big triple batch next time so everyone has enough to eat plus some for leftovers and then they won't even eat a whole one and whine and complain the whole time about it. That will teach you! LOL

And yes, I am speaking from experience!