Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday Surprise

Frank decided to suprise me for my birthday and arrange for a wonderful Friday night. I knew he had made plans, but I didn't know what they were. We dropped the kids off at grandma and grandpa's for a sleepover. Then we took off and checked in to the Castle Creek Inn in Sandy.


This is where we spent a couple of nights of our honeymoon, so it's kind of like a 10 year anniversary/ b-day celebration because there is no way we'll be able to celebrate our anniversary in July, it's way too busy. Anyway, after we checked in and admired the beautiful room that had rose petals and chocolate kisses scattered everywhere- along with Martinelli's sparkling cider and candles for the ambiance- we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had never been there before (I know, hard to believe) and I fell in love with their avocado eggrolls. We then rented a movie, came back to the room, relaxed, hung-out, watched the movie, and I even stayed up late and finished a book I started earlier in the day. It was a perfect, relaxing b-day. Thanks for the suprise Frank.

Here is our beautiful bed- it had a canopy-type drape over it, but I didn't get it in the picture.
The pretty jacuzzi tub.

Our yummy chocolates and drinks.


The walkway to the beautiful grounds.

I loved this leaf on a leaf.

7 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

What a fun night, good job Frank!

Kelly said...

That is awesome! I'm impressed, Frank! I'd never heard of that hotel. We'll have to check it out, someday. Those avocado eggrolls are yummy, huh. I loved them, but will never eat them again because I threw them up when I was pregnant. I'm sure you really wanted to know that....

Liz said...

That sounds so nice, it is always nice to spend time with just your husband and enjoy the food and evening. By the way, I need your recipe for oatmeal apple pancakes, those sound delicious!

Angie said...

Happy late birthday! Glad you had a fun get away! Frank did a great job!!

Tia said...

I hope you didn't have to wait 2 hours to eat at Cheesecake Factory!

Heidi said...

Nice job Frank!! What a fun surprise and a great way to go back 10 years. Hasn't time just flown by? That is where we stayed after we got married too. Sounds like a great birthday surprise!!

Melissa said...

Frank,

Way to come through in the clutch!!!

Yer Ol' Roomy