Saturday, August 8, 2009

4th of July at Bear Lake

OK I'm backtracking. I thought I already posted this but apparently not. Every year we go with my side of the family to Bear Lake. This year just happened to be over the 4th of July. It was a little colder then we were used to, but it was still a lot of fun.

We used to camp; that is, until we discovered the wonderful world of condo rentals at Ideal Beach. They are so awesome. There are 2 swimming pools, mini-golf, a huge playground, and lots of grassy areas to play. Not to mention you are right on the beach. We have done this the past 5 years or so and always the condos have been decorated in the 70's colors- orange and yellow kitchens and shag carpeting. This year, to our amazement, we got a beautiful condo that had been fully updated and it was huge. I think every little family practically had their own bathroom. Too bad each year it's just the luck of the draw of what condos they assign you to. But now that we know this one exists it will make having a 70's one hard.
Each year we also rent waverunners, but my brother-in-law hooked us up with 2 waverunners that he was fixing for a friend. Even though the one I rode on was fixed it still had a short somewhere so it stalled easily and then you had to jump it with cables from the other waverunner. We had to be really careful and just push the "stop" button when we were close to shore. Well, for one of our last rides Frank and I decided to go out together. Instead of me being behind him and holding on he decided it would be better that I was in front. We got going fast and my hand slipped right over the "stop" button and killed the whole machine out in the middle of the lake and because of the short we couldn't start it again. We got stuck. Luckily, my BIL Jon was out and about on the other waverunner. We flagged him down and he gave us a jump- that was a difficult feat for us to jump one waverunner without any of us getting in (or falling in) the water. But we did it. As Jon was riding off from saving us he did something that caused him to fall off of his waverunner. Well, he didn't have his wrist band on yet (you know the safety feature that is there to turn off the waverunner automatically in case you fall off), so Frank and I had to chase down this run-away waverunner and yank the key out. It was quite an adventure.


Camberlyn loved just sitting in the puddles and playing in the mud.


Frank about to take off on the waverunner.


Me and the boys lounging in the hammock.

My brother and Gavin just out relaxing and talking about "boy stuff" .

1 comment:

Tia said...

Looks like you had a good time! I have so many blog posts I need to do too! I'm way behind. I haven't even posted about trek yet!