Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A mini-vacation

Last week Frank had manager meetings down in Anaheim California. I decided to fly down there and stay with him at the Paradise Pier Disneyland Resort Hotel and then join him for a day in Disneyland.

Here we are waiting in line for the redesigned Ghost Spooktacular Space Mountain. It was so much fun being there and I love the magic of Disneyland, but it's just not the same without kids. Frank and I were done with all of the bigger rides in just a couple of hours, plus it was SO crowded. The park hit its maximum capacity and they even decided to keep it open an hour later than usual. It gave us a little anxiety seeing so many people. However, being there without the kids we were able to look around, shop, and really see things we don't usually get to see- like the archive gallery and other stores on Main Street. What is a Disney theme park without a Churro or Funnel Cake?

After we spent the day at Disneyland we drove down to Riverside California where Deseret Book was holding the "Time Out For Women" event. The next day we helped to set up the show, run the registers when people wanted to buy books and music, and then took down the show. I loved it. It was so much fun. This particular event featured Michael McLean, Kenneth Cope, Ardeth Kapp, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Emily Watson, Brad Wilcox and Jill Manning. It was a pleasure to get to hear them sing and talk and be surrounded by the spirit. It was a nice little get-away, but I sure missed my kids.

Remember: Nominate Frank for the Whitney Awards. See previous post for link.

2 comments:

Tia said...

I'm so glad you were able to go and have fun. Next time, bring your kids, and US!

AMANDAM said...

it sounds fun. I like the picture of you and Frank. Frank looks slightly drunk though.