Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Straw That Broke the Camel's Back

Two days ago I had had it! I'm telling you, it was seriously one of those days (I feel like I'm having them a lot lately). Tantrums left and right- as well as the answer "no" being told to me every second of the day; a whiny, little, teething 18 month old- who is usually pretty tolerant, but not this day; and another child who argued with everything I said, questioned everything I said against his school teacher's word, and wouldn't listen and obey anything. It was just one thing after another. Slowly, the day crept into night and yes I was longing for bedtime. But first several kiddos needed to be bathed. I was running the water for one and I heard a splash and then a giggle. I ran in. This is what I found:
Notice the clothes, the socks, and even the shoes. Do you know how fun it is to remove soaking pants and a swollen diaper from a toddler who refuses to even stand up? Not to mention, I hope the water didn't ruin the leather parts of the shoes- they're still a tad bit sticky. Seriously child, I know you LOVE the bath, but this wasn't even for you.
I guess she couldn't wait her turn.

After this I wanted to give up and crawl into bed. But no- I didn't get that luxury, there were still things to do as there always will be.

I am looking forward to my much needed break next week.

6 comments:

The Mom said...

I am so glad that you took a picture. Someday you will look back at it and smile. In the meantime, breathe deep and know that you can always call me if you feel like you are going to snap. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I have been there!

Liz said...

I can relate to that feeling! It seems like when you are edgy for some reason the kids find the weirdest most awkward situations to get in and you don't have the nerves to handle it. I am sure any other day when this would have happened would have been fine, but we all have those days. I am glad we are all in this together and can relate to each other! You have an adorable family, Camberlyn is sooo big!

d.r. gib said...

It must be in the air, I have felt the same way!!! It is hard to not to giggle at the pictures, but I am sure at the time it was anything but funny! Good luck!

Tia said...

I feel the same way right now with the kids off track. Bailee got in the tub once with her clothes on. It was so cute! Little C looks adorable. How can you resist that little face?

Angie said...

You poor thing. You've basically been a single mom for a month now and it's easy to get frustrated when there is no one there to help. Glad you will get a break next week.

Melissa said...

Just goes to show that our parents really did love us when we were so naughty! I was positive mine didn't. I'm sorry but I agree - she looks so cute and happy. You are amazing for all that you've been doing w/ all the book stuff going on. Frank is giving you nightly foot massages, right? If not...tell him to step up or come to my house - it'll be on the house:)