Monday, October 5, 2009

Free Maze Information

The Homestead Nursery hosts every year a little maze on their property. It's not in corn but it's through their yard. It has always been free in the past if you bring a can of food per person that is participating.

1720 E 6400 S
(801) 277-5993

When I called on Friday, the owner said to call back the middle of this week to see if it was ready. I would just call before you go.
Also, it's kind of down a dark street and it's easy to miss, so just be attentive to street signs. Parking is very limited so we ended up parking on the busy street and walking up to the property.
It's better when you go at dusk or evening (in fact I don't know if it's open during the day). If I can remember, they play scary music and they have lights and scary things to look at as you walk through the yard, but (unless they've changed) there is nothing that will jump out at you or follow you. And it really only takes about 5-10 min. to walk through, but again, it's fun for the kids and I think it's definitely cool that they host it for a great cause.

All three of my kids handled it well last year. No one cried, but we did have to hold a few. At the end the nice old couple gave us popcorn and candy. They are the cutest couple.

3 comments:

Tia said...

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to take my kids. :)

Angie said...

Yeah, thanks for sharing. I'm not sure how Brooklyn will handle it, but we might try it out!

Ane said...

Thanks, we are looking for something fun for our small kids! ;) Thanks for following my blog!