Tuesday, November 24, 2009

His Family

I am truly thankful for Frank's wonderful family. I am blessed that I have such loving in-laws. I already said how thankful I am for his parents in a previous post, but I really do love them.
So tonight I will talk about his brother and sister.

We don't get to see either of them very much since they don't live very close. However, Frank's sister was in town for Thanksgiving and we just got to spend all day with her and her family (husband and five kids) at a Dinosaur museum then out to dinner. It was a wonderful day and she is like the older sister I never had. I probably ask her way too many questions about advice on parenting and child raising, school questions, "is this normal?" type inquiries, and everything else you would talk about with an older sister who has had many more life experiences. When we get together it's as if we just saw them, we quickly catch-up then take off with stories, laughter, impersonations, and jokes. My oldest nephew and niece are starting to get in on that action as well. It's so fun to be around them. We sure wish we all lived closer.

Now, if you thought Frank was funny you should meet his brother. They are two peas in a pod. It's just non-stop laughing and making fun of each other (in a good way, like "remember the time"). I am so thankful that he is someone Frank can always call and talk to and he is so easy to get along with. I am also thankful that when they come to visit they are perfectly happy just relaxing and lounging around the house because that seems to be what we are good at. We don't play the host and hostess job very well by planning entertainment. Again, we sure wished we lived closer.

No comments: