Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Naptime

Oh yes, I am so very thankful for naptime. When Camberlyn was asleep today I got many things done in preparation for tomorrow. These things that took about 2 hours definitely would have taken twice that long if my little curious toddler had been awake. On days when she decides not to nap it gets me all messed up, our schedules are all off, and I suffer- (mentally and emotionally).
I long for naptime. The only question is about priorities: what do I do when she is asleep? Usually it's some sort of cleaning, but every once in a while I'll just do something for "me". It's so nice. And because I do get a little break when she is asleep I am so happy to see her when she wakes up. That time away is nice for both of us. She's renewed and happy and I'm just as revitalized to chase her around the house and stop her from getting into everything- but then by about 7:30 pm I'm done and it all starts over for bedtime.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I second this! I love naptime, SO MUCH! I think it is more for moms than for babies, for sure. And it's true- you are so happy to see them after their nap because YOU are rejuvenated! No-nap days are killer.

Angie said...

We had a good day yesterday too. A nap sure helped me get things ready for Thanksgiving.

The Mom said...

I lived for naptime. I really miss it now. I still send. My kids to their rooms for quiet time when that are off track. I need that time to relax for the rest of the day.