Saturday, November 7, 2009

Grandparents

Today I am so thankful for Grandparents. Each set of our parents have helped us out in so many different ways. The ones that live close have taken time off of work (they both still work full-time) to watch the kids for us on various occasions (mini-trips, Pioneer Trek, and a few date nights). They also let us crash in on them whenever we need to and they are always willing to feed us. The ones that live thousands of miles away send us random packages and they are such a fun suprise to receive. They also send holiday cards to the kids with money on little holidays like Halloween and Valentines Day- they never forget birthdays or anniversaries. They took time out their busy schedule to fly here and watch our kids while Frank and I went on a trip a couple of years ago- (My mother-in-law has also flown out and helped us so much every time we had a baby). Everytime we see each other it's so wonderful and we try to make every minute worthwhile.
When it comes down to it we all just enjoy the time we get to be together to just sit and reminisce and have some good laughs.

1 comment:

Mark and Kattie said...

I feel the same way about both sets of grandparents. I actually saw your parents walking home from the park with your kids when you guys were out of town the other week!