Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am Thankful For...

We've all heard that keeping a journal of thanks is a wonderful habit to have. It not only helps us to be happy with our place and situation but also forces us to look for the silver lining when things are rough.
Since this is my only source for journaling lately you'll all have to bear with me through this little experiment. I am going to try and list something specific that I'm thankful for each day in November. If it's a rough day you'll probably be able to tell because I'll post something general like, "I'm thankful for my health" but I think that's ok because it's all part of trying to find the things that really make me feel blessed and happy despite all that has gone wrong.

Since I'm starting three days into the month I'm going to back track.

Sunday: I was very grateful for a Relief Society lesson on Service. It was quite humbling and also a good wake-up call for improvements. The part that really struck me was that no matter our situation there is always something we can do. A lady brought up that even though she worked all the time and couldn't take in meals during the day or babysit kids for a neighbor it was her goal to look for other things she can do to serve.

Monday: I was thankful that my kids actually look forward to Family Home Evening. I know there will be a time all too soon that we will have to pry them away from studying, friends, jobs, etc. to have that family time.

Tuesday: I am thankful that my kids have friends to play with. We are watching one of my son's friends this morning and everyone has been entertained and busy that I could actually clean the house.

2 comments:

d.r. gib said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. I agree that we need to find joy and be thankful for the little things. Today, I am thankful for toothpaste, way to much Halloween candy being consumed here!

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

This is such a good idea! I am going to do this on my blog too!! That way I will learn to be more positive and greatful too!