No... I am not thankful for laundry. However, as today is laundry day I've been thinking how wonderful it is to have a washer and dryer. What a great invention. It already seems like I spend my whole week doing laundry. I do have one day designated but I don't get all the towels, sheets, rags, and ironing done in that day so all my laundry related jobs seem to drag throughout the whole week. Not to mention if there is a sickness in the house or if it's summer and we go swimming - then I do it more often. I can't imagine if I had to spend my whole day, every day, doing all the loads by hand. Seriously, I really can't even imagine what that would be like.
I am so grateful to have my modern conveniences.

5 comments:
AMEN!!!!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Boring!
I totally agree! Monday's are my laundry day as well.
I'm so grateful for washer and dryers too. I can't imagine those poor people that spent all day doing laundry. I, at least, have a machine that does most of the work for me. Thank goodness.
What a cute idea for you to put what you're thankful for on your blog!
I think about the washer & dryer thing a lot too. As I'm putting the clothes in, I think, this is so hard, oh wait. This is so easy compared to what the pioneers had to do! I can't complain!
Post a Comment