I know I already posted about Christmas music, but I am sure thankful for all music. You know those songs that you suddenly hear on the radio or your Ipod and they completely lift your mood, make you want to dance, or clean the house really well. This morning I wasn't in a bad mood just in a melancholy mood; I was driving home from the grocery store and suddenly Jon Schmidt's piano version of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift came on the CD. I was suddenly feeling giddy and energetic. I love songs that do that. Some of my current favorites: "I've Got a Feeling" Black Eyed Peas, "Say Hey (I Love You)" Michael Franti & Spearhead, "All of Me" Jon Schmidt, most Aerosmith songs, Queen,"Love Story" Taylor Swift, "Viva La Vida" Coldplay, "That's Not My Name" The Ting Tings, "All the Single Ladies" Beyonce, "Eye of the Tiger" just to name a few.
Growing up my dad always had certain songs he would play early on Saturday morning to get us pumped to do chores. Also, if we were sleeping in we knew it was time to get up. I hear these songs now on the oldies station and I am taken back down memory lane to "House Cleaning Day". Some of those songs I'll always remember: "Make Me Lose Control" Eric Carmen, "Kokomo" Beach Boys, "Two Less Lonely People In the World" Airsupply, The Beattles- most of the older stuff -before drugs, The Eagles, Billy Joel , Elton John, and some Aerosmith songs. Good times.
What are songs that lift you up and make you want to dance?
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the Black Eyed Peas. I like Vampire Weekend, too. I LOVE Muse, especially "Uprising", which is my *ahem* anti-Obama theme song. Ha ha ha. I have a whole playlist on iTunes called "cleaning music".
Post a Comment