Yes, Christmas has come and gone and I realize I haven't blogged for almost 10 days. Crazy! I want to write down the details and I will in my next post (with pictures) but for now I am just doing a quick thought post.
I know many of you feel the same way about Christmas: we spend months preparing, thinking of the perfect gift (sometimes stressing over what to get), meticulously placing the right tags on presents from Santa with the right wrapping paper, making sure the number of gifts is equal for each child, making sure the vision of seeing the presents on Christmas morning won't be disappointing in any way to the kids (which may make for another trip out late on Christmas Eve to the store)- this did not happen to us this year, but I won't say it has never happened, and then there is always the neighbor gifts (don't get me started)- I love giving neighbor gifts, but I can't give one to every neighbor so there is always the guilt of not having something prepared when we unexpectantly receive something, and then there are the family Christmas parties which I love (this is what the Season is about) but there are always quirky, funny, drama-filled instances that happen and we'll laugh about them someday. OK the whole point of making this list is to show how much we do and then it's over. The presents are unwrapped within an hour or two and then I feel empty. Luckily, Christmas day is always a BLAST with family around and days off work, and yummy food, etc. However, December 26th is kind of a disappointing day- it's over in just one day- almost depressing some would say. Some people have to go back to work, the house is a mess which bugs me to no end and the garbages are full which means we need to wait another week before they're empty again. I usually want to take down the decorations the day after Christmas but this year we waited two days.
I like my house clean again and now the kids have more room to play, it's time to organize their rooms and toys and it's about to be a New Year, hopefully with some wonderful NEW changes. I'm excited!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Wow- Christmas 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You guys aren't moving are you? You say "new changes" and I get nervous... :)
No we are not moving! Just changes as in the uncertainty that comes with each New Year.
I'm the same way. I haven't put away the Christmas stuff, and I can't wait to get it down! I just want a clean house again too. But I don't feel sad after it's over, I kind of feel relieved!
Post a Comment