I think this is a wonderful idea- to document a whole day just to see what we do. Let our kids see and know what we do. Look back even in a year to see how our lives have changed.
The kids have been sick and so I kept thinking that I want to do this when they are well. That is not how life is though. My life right now is dealing with sick kids and being in the house all day so here is today, Friday Jan. 22, 2010 in all it's glory. I'm just trying to keep it real folks.
After breakfast Camberlyn went in her room and played while I took care of sick Jackson and got Gavin ready for school.
The kids clothes partly sorted so that I could do their wash.
Sick Jackson, on the couch where he spent most of the day. Day two of staying home from school wasn't very fun. His fever went off and on all day, his cough wasn't too bad.
Gavin getting ready to walk out the door to his carpool for preschool. He's showing me a little "Q-Ball" from his little pool table. The letter of the week is Q so his show n' tell has to correspond with the letter.
I did some major dusting on all the wood work.
I sorted through Camberlyn's closet and drawers. These piles are divided into clothes to give to friend, clothes to go to DI, and clothes to go to the basement.
Made the kids lunch around 12:00 pm- fishsticks and ketchup, cheese slices, applesauce for one, clementines for the other. Made my lunch- salad with pepper jack cheese cubes, carrots, croutons, and tomatillo dressing.
After lunch Camberlyn goes down for a nap and it's quiet time. The boys chose to watch this movie.The movie got over before Camberlyn was awake so it was still quiet time. We chose to read books.
These are the books they chose.
Camberlyn woke-up as a happy girl.
Jackson decided he had energy to get off the couch and play some computer games.
Dad came home from work.
We ate dinner- grilled hamburgers with mac and cheese on the side.

5 comments:
Yummy lunch! I need to look for some tomatillo dressing. Is there such a thing as a normal day? Seems like the irregular is normal around here!
Thanks for sharing. It is fun to get a glimpse into your life.
It is amazing how much we do in a day. Although for me sometimes I look around at the end of the day and it looks like I did nothing at all. We know better though!
My day is way too boring to even try to document.
You have some great pics! My favorite is the one of Camberlyn after she woke up. Great shot!
I'm going to do this one of these days.
Post a Comment