I HATE ironing. I only do it when necessary. I don't iron t-shirts, jeans, towels, pj's, shorts, or underwear. Yes, I know people who iron all those things. It's pretty clear I don't iron most things. I do iron church shirts and pants and blouses. That's about it.
For Christmas I got a Shark Portable Steam Cleaner. Honestly, when I opened it I wasn't quite sure what it was exactly. I knew I saw it on TV and I knew it was something I was excited about, but I wasn't sure all that it entailed.
Holy Moly. Amazing. I tried out all the little, meticulous gadgets right after Christmas. I steam cleaned my baseboards, corners behind doors, and window sills. (OK I haven't had time to do all of them in the house so don't check, but I did do quite a few)
Holy Moly. Amazing. I tried out all the little, meticulous gadgets right after Christmas. I steam cleaned my baseboards, corners behind doors, and window sills. (OK I haven't had time to do all of them in the house so don't check, but I did do quite a few) Today I wanted to try the Steamer on wrinkled clothing. Yesterday I didn't quite make it to the drier to take out a load of dress shirts, so I had quite a few that needed some TLC. I hung them all on hangers then hung them on the back of my bathroom door, one-by-one as I was working on them. It seriously took me no more then 12 minutes to smooth out 8 shirts. They aren't perfectly pressed with all the creases where they are supposed to be like they come from the dry-cleaners, but they turned out great for our needs. I am so happy. I don't think I'll go too crazy though because now my forearm muscle is really sore.
Goodbye ironing board.

9 comments:
I too loathe ironing. It is not uncommon to see Dallin frantically ironing a white shirt on Sunday morning 30 minutes before we leave. I always hate myself for those mornings, but it happens. I am glad this works for you!
I want! Not for the ironing...that's Bryan's job :) But I'm dreaming about all the little jobs I could do around the house.
Sweet! I need to check into that. Hours at the ironing board kills me.
I'm with you on the ironing. We don't do it much around here. I just try to take the shirts out of the dryer immediately. :)
I've never heard of this fun little tool, but I had better look into it. I've wanted a Shark Steam mop forever and I think I'm going to get one for Mom's day. Yeah!!
I need it! I hate, hate, hate to iron. I hated it even before I dropped an iron on my pinky toe and broke it...the toe, not the iron! I don't iron too much because I just pull the shirts out of the dryer. I don't care about the creases. I think I may have to get one of these!
Heidi! You're an angel for sharing this. Not only do I hate ironing - I just never do it. We always look like ragamuffins at church.
:) Thanks for telling us all about it.
I don't iron either! If Darin needs a shirt ironed, he does it. I try not to buy shirts that need ironing! My mom has a shark too and loves it! Happy cleaning!
I want one so bad! I borrowed Scott's mom's for cleaning when we moved, but I didn't really understand the full potential of the thing or how to use it all the way!
I have a similar machine, but the steam only comes out for a few seconds, then I have to let it pressure back up again. (I think I already told you about it). Maybe I'll have to borrow yours! ;)
Post a Comment