Friday, January 15, 2010

They Brought Me To Tears

These are some books that have caused me to cry or shed a tear while reading them to my kids. It may have been the mood I was in or just the setting of reading to my little ones that made me emotional. But they are so sweet in some way or another.


"Mars Needs Moms" by Berkley Breathed * A little boy realizes what is so special about moms after his is kidnapped and taken to Mars. This will bring all moms to tears.


"Moms Says I Can" by Judy Cooley* A little boy pretends he is something each day while he tries to discover treasure. He realizes what his true treasure really is.


"Love You Forever" by Robert N. Munsch* Goes through the life of a mom and what she has to deal with her child, but at the end of each day when he goes to sleep she hugs him and sings to him and loves him."The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein* This little boy loves this tree, but he grows up and the tree is lonely and ends up giving all she has to make the little boy happy.

"May I Have The First Dance" by Sonja Paschal Linsley*Goes through the life of a daughter and each significant event the dad wants to stop and take time to dance with her, until he gets too old and then the daughter leads him in their last dance.

"PINGO" by Brandon Mull* A little boy has an imaginary friend. He gets older and tells his friend he is too old to pretend anymore. Pingo gets mad, but doesn't leave, he stays and watches the boy until he is old and living in a nursing home by himself. Pingo then decides to come back and they are best buddies again.
What are some of your cherished children's books?

3 comments:

The Mom said...

You ought to try and read "Mommy, do I have to serve a mission?" to your boys. I bawl like a baby! These are great recommendations. I will have to go get some!

Tia said...

I love the book "Guess how much I love you". I don't remember the author, and I don't want to go in the girls room to get the book since they're sleeping. :)
I'll have to try some of your recommendations!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the book recs! We are always on the lookout for something new to read. :)