Thursday, January 7, 2010

WHY?

Why is it that I couldn't find time to get out of my sweats today until 1:30 pm?
Why is it that no matter what mess I cleaned up today ten more messes were being made in other parts of the house?
Why is it that I leave for 1 hour and 20 minutes tonight to go to a viewing and come home to a clean house- seriously, no clutter anywhere; looks as if it had been vaccumed; dishes done; kids ready for bed and all upstairs occupied not making any new messes? I'm not complaining about what was done- I loved it and I'm thankful for it!
It just makes me think, What am I doing wrong all day? Why can't I get the house clean like that in less than an hour and a half?

Jackson's answer was brilliant when I was talking about this when I got home. He said, "because Dad gives us prizes if we clean."

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is cute. Things are always different when dad is in the picture (at least that's how it works here).

The Mom said...

LOL Dads are always the heros. Moms get the brunt of it and they come out smelling like roses. Don't let it get you down.

Jessica said...

I imagine Frank rallied the troops before bed to give you something happy when you got home. What a nice surprise.

Angie said...

Good questions, but I'm sure Jackson was right. If you would have been gone longer and it was during the day, you probably wouldn't have seen the same results.

Mindy said...

Crack me up! Dads, what are they thinking, showing the moms up? :)

You do it all day long. Imagine if you only had to hold down the fort for 1 hour and 20 minutes... the kids would be eating you up because you're a novelty, not always the one home disciplining and taking care of the house. You're a good mom, Heidi. :)

Hillary said...

Steve does that too!!! I don't get it, I feel like I'm running through sand all day-going and going but not getting anywhere and then I leave Steve home with the kids for a short time and come home and the dishes are done, the crib's put together, all the toys are put away, and who knows what else. It really doesn't make sense!