Monday, March 15, 2010

Humdinger of a Day

It hasn't necessarily been a bad day, just an eventful one.


It all started early in the morning, I could hear Gavin wrestling around in his covers which means he has to use the bathroom and is too out of it to get himself out of the bed. (He is such a deep sleeper that he can possibly sleep right through it) So since I noticed I went and woke him up and urged him to the bathroom. In a state of sleep walking he walked in and started to relieve himself. But for some reason instead of turning left to the toilet, he turned right and peed in the bathtub. I started laughing and eventually a little smirk came across his face, but his eyes were still closed. He probably had no idea why I was laughing.

Then at 9:00 this morning I had to drive down to Springville, pick up books for Frank (that he had to deliver at noon to an elementary school in Draper) and get home in time for Gavin to be back from preschool. Anyway, I was making good time, I got the books and as I was trying to put Camberlyn back in her carseat she was fighting me. Let's be honest, she just drove 45 min. she didn't want to get back in the car after only being out for 2 min. so I put my purse on the seat. I got her buckled and shut the door. Hmmm... my keys and Camberlyn were now locked in the car. Ugggh! I was on a time constraint and now running late. I rushed into the building (luckily I could see my car from the building windows) and called the first Springville Locksmith that came up on the receptionist's computer. He said he would be there in about 15-20 min. Poor Camberlyn- she never cried, but looked worried and kept yelling "OUT". Luckily he was there in 10 min., had the door unlocked in about 1 min., and he didn't even charge me because there was a child locked in the car. Oh my gosh, it was incredible. I handed him all my cash that I had as a tip and began my journey home. Good times.


Through all of these events I noticed my license was missing. I thought back and oops, left it at the West Valley Fitness Center on Saturday night when we were playing racquetball. Nope still haven't got it back.


I also have to get my car fixed tomorrow so I began getting all my errands done with a car today so I didn't need to worry about them tomorrow. This included library books due tomorrow, postoffice (because bills are going to be due this week and who knows how long they will take on my car), the bank, etc. I feel like I've lived in my car all day and so have the kids.


This isn't that exciting for anyone to read about, but it's certainly these little events that keep me on my toes.

We are going to relax tonight and have a movie night for FHE. I think I deserve it.

7 comments:

Tia said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe we didn't think about the license! Did you call them? Do they have it?
What a crazy day you've had! I'm glad you were able to get back into your car so quickly.
And do you ever do online bill pay? I haven't had to go to the post office in months!
I totally would have watched Camberlyn when you went to Springville. Next time give me a call, Ryker needs a friend!

Jessica said...

I enjoy reading the "adventures" of others. Sounds like an exhausting day. Glad you survived.

Angie said...

I'm still smiling over Gavin. That is hilarious. Sorry about your adventures in Springville but very awesome that the guy didn't charge you. I did that at Harmon's once and locked Brooklyn inside. She was about 6 months old and cried and cried. It's a scary thing.

AMANDAM said...

The peeing story made me laugh too. It sounds likes something that would happen in our house. Porter still has to wear a pull up to bed because he sleeps so soundly and doesn't wake up to pee.
I locked Dallin the car once at daycare when he was a baby. I was pretty upset but he didn't really seem to understand what had happened. The daycare called the police to come and get him out. It was embarassing because two police cars and a fire truck showed up to help.

Kelly said...

I think locking my child in the car would send me over the edge, so kudos to you for being calm! And the Gavin story is hilarious.

Mindy said...

How funny! I've locked the boys in the car a few times... but bith times the back hatch was still unlocked an I was able to get in to them. I set the alarm off in the process, and every man,woman, and child stared at me while I climbed into my car and slid over the back bench... really embarrassing, bu the boys sure thought it was fun! :)

Potter Family said...

After a day like that it makes you greatful that everyday doesn't end up like that.