Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Little Germaphobe

Jackson has always been a germaphobe. He just about had a meltdown today when Gavin told him that he didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom and now he was touching Jackson's stuff. (Gavin also knows how to push Jackson's buttons)

Anyway, I also have heard Jackson numerous times tell his friends, as they are walking out of the bathroom, "you can't come in my room until your hands are washed." And if they refuse to go back in (probably from embarrassment) he won't let them touch anything. He can get really strict about germ prevention.

Well today as he was trying to pass off Bobcat Achievements for Cub Scouts we had to discuss Stranger Danger and "What if" situations.
This one particular question was, "What if you are in a public restroom and someone tries to touch you, what do you do?"

I was telling him to scream and run out as quickly as possible. Suddenly, this look of horror was on his face as he asked, "but what about washing my hands?"
Then we had to discuss how he could always wash his hands after he was out of the dangerous situation.
Apparently, germs are more scary than strangers- that's my Jackson.

5 comments:

julie said...

Hmm I wonder where he got his germaphbia from? His mom? That is funny that he was more worried about washing his hands then he was about the stranger. One time when Tyler was a little over 4, we were at Disney World and the line to the women's restroom was ridiculous as it always is. I was with Tyler, Christian was in line with Katelyn, and Tyler could not hold it long enough to wait in the line. So I told him to run into the men's restroom and return quickly back. Well it seemed like a long time and I was getting worried because he wasn't coming back. A nice man saw my worried face and offered to go and check on him. He came back with Tyler explaining that poor Tyler was stressed trying to wash his hands but he couldn't reach the soap. He wouldn't leave until he hands were washed and no one would help him! I am so glad that this kind man finally helped him so he could wash his hands and return back to me.

The Mom said...

That is so funny! And cute!

Potter Family said...

Sometimes you wonder what goes on in those little minds. What a good boy!

Angie said...

I just saw a glimpse of my future. I've created a monster like that too in Brooklyn. It's good that he likes to wash his hands though. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay said...

That is HILARIOUS!