Monday, May 10, 2010

I don't know what to call this.

Isn't it amazing how Mother's Day (yesterday) could go so peaceful and then CRASH! here comes today- Crap Day! (pardon my language)

Yesterday was so nice and peaceful. I got to sleep in- relatively speaking when we have 9:00 am church-, breakfast in bed, when I went downstairs to put my dishes in the kitchen there was a basket of gifts and my favorite treats on the table, the kitchen was clean, and the boys were already in their Sunday clothes. Wow! I enjoyed a wonderful R.S. with all the sisters from the ward while the guys took over every single class so the women could enjoy the day. Then I got hours to sleep or read or do whatever I wanted before joining my whole family for a dinner made by all the spouse husbands.

However, as soon as all that wonderfulness ended, boom, in the middle of the night I got sick to my stomach (probably because of all the yummy treats and food I ate all day long), Camberlyn cried out several times in the middle of the night (hardly happens), apparently I didn't have the right jeans clean for my son and that turned into an issue, and then I got all the kids loaded into the van to drive the carpool and join the class for a fieldtrip when I realized I couldn't find my keys. Yep, they are gone. While frantically running around the house (so I wouldn't be late for school) looking for the keys I knocked over a lightbulb that crashed into tiny bits all over the kitchen floor, disrupted various piles of paper that are now all over the floor, made a mess of clothes trying to dig for my keys, practically tore up the whole house. Now I can't go to the store to buy the last few ingredients for dinner. Plus, my vacuum broke and I can't even vacuum up the glass from the lightbulb- my broom only works so well. I will have to mop. Who has time when there are keys to be found. Uggh! I just want a redo- can't I have another Mother's Day?

4 comments:

Potter Family said...

So sorry you are having a bad day! Isn't it funny that things can go from one extreme to the other so quickly! Hang in there!

d.r. gib said...

Oh my gosh! Good luck with the key hunt, and hope things start to go better fast!

Angie said...

Wow, that is a rough day. Tomorrow has to be better!

julie said...

Sorry to hear that:( I once lost my keys for a week only to find them on top of my shorts in my closet. Weird. Look in the weirdest spots and I hope you find them soon. Sorry it was such a bad day. Glad to hear you had an awesome Mother's Day though.