Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vacation {Part 1}

It all started with a day of driving to Primm, NV (just past Las Vegas) where we stayed in a hotel, went to dinner with everyone (my parents, my sister, brother in law, their two girls, my younger brother, my older brother, his wife, and their two children, plus our family of five), then played in the hot tub.
We woke-up early the next morning and headed off to California and made it there in less than 5 hours.
We did alot of swimming at our hotel in Anaheim.
Our hotel was right across from Disneyland (5 min. walk) and just a couple of miles from a Food4Less. We went and stocked up on groceries for the week so we didn't have to buy as much in the park. Plus, I don't really enjoy fast food all that much.
However, we have heard that the Disneyland corn dogs were the best and all the times I have been there I have never tried one. I can't eat a corn dog without fry sauce and luckily the park had plenty of mayonnaise and ketchup on hand so I made my own fry sauce and endulged my taste buds to the best corn dog I have ever had. It was delicious and huge (I wish I had a picture of the corn dog).

In line for our very first ride of the trip, Peter Pan.

We have always headed for the big rides as soon as the park opens, however, everyone else does that too. This time, since we had so many little kids we decided to go straight to Fantasy Land (because really, who wants to wait in long lines for the kiddy rides and the lines just get longer as the day goes on) and we got on Peter Pan in about 5 min., Dumbo about 10 min., and the rest of the little kid rides we practically walked on. I think Jackson's face says it all.


Someone is being silly!

This is my little brother who played and helped out so much with the boys. They absolutely love him.

When I was on the Gadget Coaster in Toon Town with the boys Frank stood in line with Camberlyn so she could meet Pluto. She loved him so much.

Each of the kids had to have their own map of the park and they loved looking at them and plotting our course.
This was our weekly tentative schedule -
Sunday: Arrive in California
Monday: Disneyland
Tuesday: California Adventure
Wednesday: Laguna Beach and Tide Pools
Thursday: Hunington Beach and Swimming
Friday: Catch-up at California Adventure and Disneyland
Saturday: Head Home :(

Stayed Tuned for Part 2.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun trip! And even better to be with all the extended family. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the excitement. :)

Amy said...

Sounds like so much fun! We did that a couple of years ago with Brad's family. It was so much fun.

I never did try the corn dog! I love corn dogs.

Terry said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Talk to Christy and let's get together some-time soon!

Angie said...

I always love pictures taken at Disneyland. The kids look so happy! I'm shocked that Camberlyn hugged Pluto. I think Brooklyn would still run away from those characters at her age now.

d.r. gib said...

How fun! I can't wait until we can take the kids to Disneyland. We need to get together ASAP!

julie said...

It sounds like you had a ton of fun. We always head straight for Toon Town and it works out great. Christian always plots our day very well to make sure we get to ride all the rides we want to. One year we ended the day in Toon Town and road Goofy's Rollercoaster (it may be different because we go to Disney World) and we road about 5 times in a row! Tyler begged to get off of it at the end. Looking forward to part 2!

Tia said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to see the rest. :)