Sunday, May 2, 2010

We're Back!

OK- after six hours of driving in the car today and trying to catch-up to a weeks worth of emails, facebook, blog posts, vacation photos, laundry (yes, I know it's Sunday, but we are out of some very important clean items), unpacking, and everything else our vacation is officially OVER! This makes me so sad. This was our one big planned family trip this year and after all the anticipation it's sadly at an end. We are hoping to visit family in Alabama in the fall. Hopefully, it works out.
We had a wonderful time, but I'll post about the details with pictures later.

I have to just post about one thing first- last week, April 22nd, we were invited to a banquet at Cedar Fort publishing (Frank's publishing company). This banquet was for the top best-selling authors of 2009 so it was a privilege to even be invited. At the end of the evening they gave out four awards to be awarded among all their 130 published authors in 2009. One for best-selling fiction, best-selling non-fiction, best marketing, and over-all best-selling. To our suprise Frank won the best-selling fiction award. I'm very proud of his hard work. This gave us a new motivation to keep up the marketing and try to match the numbers from last year. As soon as we get a copy of the picture of him accepting the award I'll put it on.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

That's so great! I recommended his book to my mom for my 12 year old brother!

Tia said...

Welcome back, and congrats to Frank! That's awesome.
Can't wait to see all the pics!

Amy said...

That is so awesome Heidi! Congrats to Frank. You guys totally deserve it!

AMANDAM said...

Congrats to Frank!! That is so great.
Porter was pretty jealous that you were going to Disneyland. He tried to talk Joe into switching our vacation plans and so we had talk up Wisconsin and the drive there like it would be even better than California.