Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shopping

I like browsing for clothes, but I have a hard time spending money on myself.  I do love getting new things, but it is really hard to find pants that fit. It has become a chore so I don't like shopping for them.  Also, taking two boys into a store with clothes is another awful thing.  They get bored out of their minds unless, of course, we are looking for them.  But they don't find joy in looking for other people.
Well, I am down to just a couple of pairs of jeans that I can stand to wear and my favorite pair split right down the middle yesterday when I bent over (I don't think I should really admit it, it was awfully embarrassing). I really had no choice but to start shopping for a pair immediately because I know it will take a while.

After browsing for a good hour yesterday I realized there was no whining and begging to leave the store.  Why? The boys were in school and I was shopping with my two year old daughter.  I found out she has a love of shopping.  She just stood in the cart and kept saying, as she was grabbing clothes right off the rack, "How about this?"  And, "Oh this is so cute."  And I heard this one a lot, "Ah! Pink!"
It was so nice to be able to take my time and enjoy it.

We got done looking at pants and so we went over to the purses and immediately she wanted out of the cart to walk around.  I told her mommy was looking for a yellow purse and she didn't find a yellow one, but lots of purple ones that she thought I must have.  Since the purses were by the women's shoes she was in heaven.  She thought I needed every single color of boot.  I think I might agree with her on that one.

When it was time to leave that is when she started whining about not wanting to go home.  How wonderful!  Now I just need an endless supply of money to keep up our good relationship with shopping.

4 comments:

Tia said...

That's so cute! It's so much more fun to shop with just one child.
If you haven't looked already, Rue 21 has cute jeans, as well as Down East.

Lindsay said...

I LOVE when shopping goes well. I'm just so glad for the internet so I don't have to go anywhere if I dont' want to. :)

Angie said...

That is super cute! I'm glad Camberlyn was so good for you and that you now have a little shopper buddy. Love it!

The Mom said...

Awwwwww! That is so adorable! Kira was that way too. She couldn't say "sh" so she would say, "Let's go hopping!"