Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Table Issues Continued...

My kitchen table is still in the garage. I painted it black and I liked it alright. I decided to sand down the edges and the white primer did show through. I had a neighbor come over and give me suggestions- she had a great idea: use a polyurethane with a stain shade in it. Hopefully, this will add just a tint of stain that will color the white primer that is showing through. Brilliant! It worked. The only problem is I'm incredibly picky. I didn't think the top was smooth enough (because of the paint brush I used) so I used a fine sander and repainted the top. Ugh- it didn't cover properly so I had to do it again. Every time I repaint I have to redistress the edges. I think I'm on my last coat of poly today and I can finally bring it in- wahoo. Next thing, the chairs.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like A LOT of work! Can't wait to see it!

Kelly said...

I want to see!