It's finally done. I'm really paranoid now about scratching and spilling. I don't know how confident I am about the paint and poly coats holding up if I have to scrub it really hard. I don't even want to eat at it. I need to figure out some sort of plastic covering or table cloth that looks descent. At least place mats for sure. And I need to do the chairs- let's see how long that will take me.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Good job! It looks really good! It took less than a week for our kids to scratch our table, but we bought place mats and they seem to help a lot.
It looks great, so maybe it was worth the headache of doing and redoing.
It's beautiful!
You did a great job. What determination and skill!
The table looks fantastic!
way to go! You always do such a great job!
Yay! It's done! I bet that feels good. It looks great! I know you can get table covers, but I hear they are pricey. My dad has one. We just use table clothes and place mats.
I like it! Looks good.
Wow you did an awesome job! I knew it would look good when you were done. Last year we finally bought a beautiful mohogany table and I am super picky with it. I bought nice foam place mats from Bed Bath and Beyond that you can wipe down, that way you're not washing them all of the time, and they look nice. They are about $5 per place mat, but if you have a $10 coupon, that cuts the price in half. I always use cloth place mats for dishes and such. I don't like anything to touch the table itself, and the kids are good about following my rules. Good luck.
Post a Comment