There are some things I've noticed about life that my children need to realize pretty quick because I am slowly going to go crazy if they don't:
1. Yelling at me isn't going to get your way
2. Whining and complaining aren't going to get your way
3. In fact, numbers 1 and 2 will get you very far from what you want
4. When Dad is not home I am only one person and can not help all three of you at the same time. Please be patient and I will help you as soon as I can. When I am helping someone else please refer to #1
5. An ant is not going to kill you (specifically for Camberlyn)
6. I have seen you clean your room countless times so saying "it's too hard" and "you don't know how" is a lie.
7. You do not need to use a whole roll of toilet paper in one sitting.
8. We do not flush toothbrushes down the toilet.
9. We don't throw food down the stairs.
10. Homework is not a NEW thing. We've been doing it everyday for much of your life. Please don't complain.
11. Reading is a FUN thing and it is actually possible to read more than the required 20 minutes.
12. Why do you argue with a three year old? It's no use.
13. You actually do need to brush your teeth several times a day (maybe that is why #8 happened- out of rebellion)
14. When I say it's time to go to bed that is not always the cue to get sick, start coughing, have leg cramps, require a snack, get out of bed, do one last thing, draw a picture, create a Lego model, and say you didn't do part of your homework.
15. Mom rarely wakes up mad (always tired, but not mad) so if I am upset by 9:00 in the morning please stop and think why this might have happened.
16. Don't be mad when I am donating your clothes to the DI that you outgrew years ago and you didn't even know they still existed until you saw the closed bag and decided to rummage through it.
17. You are still children there are not many PG-13 movies you are able to watch- mom and dad always need to see them first.
18. Just because someone else has it doesn't mean you have to- if this is your only reason for wanting it you will never get it.
19. Sleeping in is a GOOD thing.
20. I love you and life is hard. As you are learning to be a child I am still learning to be a parent.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Life Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh Heidi, I was laughing at this. But I am sure it isn't funny to you! I need to make one of these lists too! So true!
Love it! My kids need to read a few of those as well. If only it would finally sink in their heads.
I'm so glad I am not the only one with these kinds of frustrations. I can relate to your list very much right now! I hope your kids read it!
Your list is awesome. It makes me realize I am not the only that might go to the looney bin soon. We should go together!!!
I can relate to each and every one of these! This is a great idea. It will be so fun for them to read when they are parents!
I especially liked #5.
That is so funny! I'm not laughing at you but at the fact that its the same here at our house! The new thing that I'm dealing with is "she got more than me". It's very frustrating. I should have my girls read your list.
:) This made me smile. Your kids are lucky to have you. They'll grow up and realize how much you did for them someday. It cracks me up how some things are just so kid universal. I've got a lot of these things on my list too!
Hilarious! I love the "if I'm mad at 9 in the morning, stop and ask yourself why".
:) You're such a great mom, Heidi. Your kids are blessed to have you!
Post a Comment