Wednesday, July 6, 2011

End of the Year for my Kindergartener

Kindergarten is so much fun and Gavin had a great year.  He had a few days he struggled to get up and go and boy those were a struggle for mom too.  I would love to just let my kids stay home and play with me every now and then when they want a "mental health day."  But because of a vacation we took in the middle of the year we didn't have any absent days to spare, also they need to know they can't always stay home when they want anyway.  This is one reason I love year-round.  It seems like when the kids are getting burned out they get a little break.  Anyway... back on to kindergarten.  The end of the year they put on a little program, graduation, and pot-luck picnic.  It was nice.

Here is Gavin singing the songs (you can't really tell by the photo)-  doing anything in front of people makes him embarrassed.  I'm proud he even stood up and sang.

The class put on the play, "The Grumpy Lady Bug."  Gavin did not want a speaking part so he was the clock.  He sat in that red chair and had a clock in his hand that he moved the hands for each hour in the story.  Unfortunately, I was far away and couldn't get a good angle of the clock.

Each of the boys had a turn to escort a girl to get her diploma.  We saw some boys hold hands and lead the girls and others walked by them, but no, Gavin walked behind her.  Not much of a gentleman.

Gavin getting his diploma (he walked so fast).

Gavin with his teacher, Mrs. Colon.

He dove right in to that cupcake.

Enjoying the picnic outside with all the great food. And boy was there a ton of food: cookies, cupcakes, doughnuts, cheesecake, all kinds of drinks, nachos, taquitos, chips, fruit snacks, etc.  It was quite the kid-friendly buffet. 

Gavin was fortunate to be in a class with some great friends from the neighborhood.
(Porter, Carson, Gavin, Jordan)

Funny poses!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

They grow up so fast!

Melissa said...

Love the funny poses!

Angie said...

Gavin is looking more and more like Frank! I'm glad he had a good year. I wish Ms. Colon was staying at our school. I really wanted Brooklyn to have her.

Tia said...

Congrats to Gavin on finishing Kindergarten! I bet you'll love having both boys in all day school now!

Ten2Many said...

Adorable poses!