Friday, October 14, 2011

A different kind of anniversary

It has been exactly four years since the first post on this blog. I've only printed one book and it contained only the first year and a half of this blog.  Yes, I'm slightly behind.

I feel like blogging is kind of a dying novelty. I still LOVE reading other's blogs but I feel like everyone's posts are getting far and few between. Several of my friends have declared they are stopping and have officially done so.  That makes me sad. I understand the decision though.

I do feel pressure in keeping it up, but even if no one looks at it I will still be keeping it up- this is my journal for my family especially since I'm on a scrapbooking hiatus right now.

What better way to honor this blog then a current picture of my three children?

                              Gavin- 6 years old    Camberlyn- 3 years old    Jackson-9 years old


Here's to 4 more years of family history (whether it's on the blog, journal, or scrapbook- I promise it will get done) !

9 comments:

Mark and Kattie said...

Love that first picture of the kids...everyone looks so great!

Jessica said...

My blogging has been temporarily interrupted by life and rearranging my home. But, I, like you, plan on keeping it up for family history purposes. Plus, it's the only way my parents get to know my kids.

Good job! I can't wait to read more.

Lindsay said...

Such a beautiful picture, Heidi! your kids are darling. You are so good at documenting your family's history. I wish I were better at it. :)

Melissa said...

Happy blogiversary! Great pics of the kids!!

Melissa said...

I love reading your blog, keep it up! I think my kids love reading my blog more than anyone else - they love looking at pictures of themselves and to hear the way I describe things. If I neglect to blog about something they did that they thought was worthy...they let me know! I miss you :(

Angie said...

I love your blog. Keep it up. No pressure though. :)

Amy said...

I love the pictures!

Tia said...

I have been slacking in the blogging too. But I'll always do it, since it's really my only journal.
I like reading your blog too. I'm glad you're going to keep doing it!
And your new Ikea piece looks so great!

Potter Family said...

Please don't stop blogging, that is how I keep up on everyone. Your kids are so dang cute, I love their new pictures.