Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All wrapped into one...

How come I knew I wouldn't make it every single day this month with a blog post? Oh well, I tried.  Now that I've gone a week and I know I won't get any computer time tomorrow I'll post my gratitude wrap-up right now.

First and for most, I will always be thankful for Frank.  He does so much for our family and works so hard.  He works his daytime job and then he works really hard writing, especially lately trying to hit a deadline, and marketing his books.  That is definitely like another full-time job.  But that is the part he likes doing.  He enjoys writing and loves seeing kids at schools get excited.  Not to mention, he is a faithful member of our church and a busy father.
We are all so thankful for all he sacrifices for us and all he does for us.
When we were dating I knew that he was it because we talked a lot.  We talked about everything and I became comfortable telling him everything (even if I knew he wouldn't be interested).  We still tell each other everything and even though I need sleep and he has to wake up early to go to work, it's not unusual that we have those nights where we talk until 1:00 am.  Sometimes we are engaged in heated discussions (aka: disagreements) or we're laughing about something stupid and even though I get grouchy in the morning because I'm tired, I don't ever regret staying up late with him.

Finally, I am thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, I have a testimony that I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and I know we have a living prophet today who teaches us directly from Christ.  What an amazing thing to be a part of.  I have made friendships that I hope will last a lifetime because of the camaraderie in my ward.  We have fun together, we do things together, and we love each other.  Which I know is the same church-wide, not just in my neighborhood.  I am truly blessed to be given the opportunity to live where I do and in the dispensation that I do.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Marty and I do the same thing. It's good to know we aren't the only ones staying up late talking. Funny thing is we could be sitting downstairs with each other and not say a thing, but once we decide to go to bed suddenly we have so much to say!
Good job with all the thankful posts.

Amy said...

I've loved all of you posts about being thankful. It made me think about what I've been thankful for each day. I'm thankful for having wonderful friends like you and your family.