Too Cool...
The fourth graders have the opportunity each year to have a ski trip. The is a fun day that includes ski rental, the luxury bus ride up (fully equipped with DVD player and a bathroom), and a couple of hours ski lessons with the ski resorts certified instructors all for $25.00. I LOVE skiing, however, since it's so expensive I have never taken my kids nor would I for a very long time. I thought this would be an awesome opportunity for Jackson. Here he is strutting his stuff in his ski-gear.He imagined the day to be totally different. He was envisioning the instructors to teach them a little bit
then just let the kids go up on the ski-lift (most of them have never even seen one, let alone know how to safely get on and off of one) and just ski down the mountain. Most of the day was spent going up the tow-rop and skiing down the hill. There is no way they could safely do anything else with that many kids. Needless to say, Jackson came home a bit disappointed. However, it did just peek his interest to learn to ski more- I totally know that feeling. I've been itching to get back on the mountain for 9 years. Next time we go, he's going with us.
Too Goofy...
This girl totally cracks me up. Each night this week Camberlyn has to put on her "sleeping hat" to go to lay down. It totally reminds me of the olden days when they would wear bonnets and caps to bed. It always falls off in the middle of the night and she doesn't say anything about it during the day, but then she is back again at night looking for her hat.
The funniest part of this whole thing is it isn't even a hat. Every Christmas my dear sweet grandma makes us something and that is intended to be a cover on a roll of toilet paper, however Camberlyn immediately claimed it as her own, since it was pink, and stretched it out to fit her head. It's probably the most used gift my Grandma has ever given me.


4 comments:
Ok, both of those stories were just about the cutest things EVER.
Camberlyn is adorable.
I think it's great that Jackson wants to ski. He looks awesome in his gear.
Loved these stories. Glad you posted them.
That is the funniest story about Camberlyn. Kids do the darnest things. I remember when Sarah went on her ski trip. She really liked it. Hopefully when they are a little bit older we can go up as a family. I may just brave the cold weather to try it again. The last time I went skiing was when we had a Young Men/ Young Women's activity. We drove up here to Snowbird. It was lots of fun.
Post a Comment