Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday

I am thankful for this Sunday.  I am thankful it's over as well.
This morning I attended a BYC (Bishop's Youth Committee) meeting and in it we had a little teaching moment about why we have meetings.  And even though I sometimes complain about them I don't remember a meeting I have come away thinking that was a complete waste of time.  I have always got something out of it.  It is so great to see the youth come up with ideas and actually organize activities.  I am thankful for the opportunity to see them in action.
At church I had to speak in sacrament meeting with my 1st Counselor.  I am so thankful they called us yesterday and we could get it over with and not have a lot of time to be anxious and nervous.  We were originally planning on speaking in December, but because someone got sick at the last moment they asked us to fill in.  Yeah, now I don't need to do it around the holidays.
Tonight I had the opportunity to attend my first Bishop's Youth Fireside as a leader.  The Bishop talked about revelation and had us do an activity with our scriptures.  I was so thankful he went over all the ways revelation can be made known to us and really got the youth involved.  Plus, as always, I'm thankful for the yummy cookies afterwards.
It was a busy Sunday and I'm thankful it's over, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to be involved. Plus, Sunday is when Frank and I get to lay down at night and watch our favorite show right now, "Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs."

2 comments:

Tia said...

You did such a great job on your talk. I'm glad you don't have to stress about anymore! You have enough to stress about already!

Angie said...

You did a wonderful job on your talk. I actually listened and got something out of it so that means it's great in my book! It's hard with kids to always hear all the speakers, but everyone did a great job yesterday!
I'm glad the fireside was good. Marty came home thinking he didn't do such a great job with it.