Friday, November 18, 2011

I Wouldn't Want to Leave One Out

This was taken on "Crazy Hair" day at school, yep that's about all we could come up with.


It's Jackson's turn.  I am so thankful for him.  I am thankful he is so responsible with his brother and sister.  He puts Camberlyn to bed when we are out, he will do 20 minutes of reading with his brother if it's a stressful night, he loves being with his friends and wants to have "stay-late" nights every single weekend. 

I am so grateful he tells me and Frank practically everything- from the time he walks in the door from school it is non-stop talking until he goes to bed.  Although, there are times I just want our house to be quiet (especially when we're trying to eat) I don't ever want to hinder his relationship to being open and honest with us, his parents.

He sometimes gets the shaft because he's the oldest and we're still working out the kinks in our parenting, but I hope he knows we love him and a wonderful part of this family that we couldn't live without.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

He's a great kid and so funny! I agree, the oldest child is the guinea pig - what doesn't break them, we pass onto the rest :) Glad you have such great communication - Jackson will be a great husband someday!

Mark and Kattie said...

He is such a great kid, I have loved getting to know him in Scouts! He cracks me up!

Angie said...

Love that he's so open and honest with you. Glad you have Jackson.

Tia said...

He's such a good kid!