Every Christmas season the last two weeks of December fly by with fun things and not-so-fun crazy mishaps. It always happens. And each year I tell myself I'm going to be better organized the following year and then those unprepared moments happen again and I'm just grateful we had a lot of good times mixed into the chaos.
The Christmas holiday didn't really start for me until I started doing Christmas activities with the young women. This included a trip to Temple Square, caroling around the neighborhood, and a Christmas movie night.
Something that I always look forward to with my kids is listening to them sing their fun "holiday" songs at the Winter Festival at school. I never document it, but I did remember to bring my camera this year.
The morning of the festival Jackson was scrambling around trying to make a mustache. He kept telling me I would understand when I hear them sing. Finally, they sang Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer and I finally made the connection when at the very end they sang the line "You'll go down in History ... like Mario." He didn't care that he was the only Mario in the 4th grade, but he was proud of mustache.
Here is Gavin and his buddy Porter singing their songs. I was glad Gavin was actually singing. Maybe not as much as the other students, but hey, I'll take what I can get. He sure looks focused on the conductor and was so serious to watch her every movement (I'm sure he learned those good skills from primary).



3 comments:
That is an adorable picture of Camberlyn.
That is a fun thing the school does! I love that pic of Camberlyn and her coat is adorable!
I'm just catching up on your blog. i don't know how I missed so many posts! Anyway, your kids are so cute. I love seeing them! And that last picture of Camberlyn ... there's something that looks like Abby in it... So fun.
Post a Comment